TAR Global Placement Consulting

Facts about Studying in Canada 

Did You Know?

  • More than 700,000 international students chose Canada in 2014!
  • In 2015, for the fourth time in six years, Canada was ranked number-one by The Reputation Institute, which ranks the reputations of countries based on perceived image.
  • Canada has 4 universities in the top 100 of the 2015 Academic Ranking of World Universities (the Shanghai Ranking).
  • Canada currently ranks in the top three OECD (Organizations for Economic Co-operation and Development) countries.
  • Six MBA schools in Canada placed in the top 100 of the 2015 Financial Times rankings.
  • Of the 65 countries selected for PISA (Program for International Student Assessment) 2013, Canadian students performed better in reading, literacy, mathematics and sciences than students from any other English speaking country. Canadian students actually ranked top among other students from English and French speaking countries
  • More than one-third of Canada’s research is conducted at Canadian universities – one of the highest rates among OECD and G8 countries.
  • Did you know that Canadian universities have been incubators for innovation such as the BlackBerry phone, flat-screen technology, SMART boards, and IMAX film?
  • International students with Canadian credentials and Canadian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada
  • People from various ethnicity, about a quarter of a million have settled in Canada over the years, you can too.
  • As a U.S. Green Card holder, you do not need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. However, you are expected to have an eTA if you plan to fly to or transit through Canada. When flying to Canada, you will need to present:
- proof of status in the U.S. (such as a valid Green Card), and
- your valid passport that you used to apply for your eTA.

The border services officer will verify your eTA when you arrive in Canada. When traveling by land or sea directly from the U.S., you will only need to provide proof of your U.S. lawful permanent resident status (such as your Green Card).